School of Ethnology and Sociology, Inner Mongolia University Zip Code: 010073
1984-1988 Bachelor at Department of Mongolian Language and Literature,
Inner Mongolian Normal University
1988-1991 Master at Department of Mongolian Language and Literature,
Inner Mongolia University
2000-2003 Doctorate at Hokkaido University Graduate School of Letters
1991 Sep -1998 April Account Executive at International Trade Committee
Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
2003 March -2003 Sep Visiting Researcher at Hokkaido University
Graduate School of Letters
2003 Oct -2007 June Assistant Professor at Ethnology Department
School of Mongolian Studies in Inner Mongolia University
2007 July - Present Professor at Ethnology Department
School of Ethnology and Sociology in Inner Mongolia University
2008 Sep -2009 March Visiting Scholar at Mongolia and Inner Asia Studies Unit,
Department of Social Anthropology in University of Cambridge
2009 Sep -2010 Jan Visiting Professor at Department of Ethnology
National Chengchi University(Taiwan).
Undergraduate Courses: Research Methods of Anthropology, Ecological Anthropology.
Graduate Courses: Social Theories, Environmental Anthropology.
Research Field: Cultural Anthropology, Ecological Anthropology, Northern Ethnic Minorities, Drought Area & Pastoral areas.
Fellowships and Grants
- 2012-2014, Study of Industrial Mining in Inner Mongolian Grassland and Establishment of Inclusive Development, supported by the MOE Project of Key Research Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences at Universities;
- 2011-2013, Research on Formulation and Implementation of Environmental Protection Policy in the Process of Resource Exploitation on Inner Mongolian Grassland, supported by MOE Project of Humanities and Social Sciences at Universities;
- 2005-2007, Ecological Anthropology Research on Inner Mongolian Nomadic Community's Process Toward Market Economy, supported by China National Social Science Fund Project.
Cultural Anthropological Studies on aesthetic of Mongols, Inner Mongolia Unviersity Press, Dec. 2007.
- Introduction to Ecological Anthropology (Edited by Tomoya Akimichi, Translated by Altan-Bulag), Inner Mongolia University Press, Apr. 2008.
- Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology (Edited by Osahito Miyaoka, Translated by Altan-Bulag and Hingan), Inner Mongolia University Press, Dec. 2007.
- Mongolian Food Culture (Co-Authored with Feng Xueqin), Wenwu Press, Apr. 2008.
- Comparative Studies of Catholicism in North and South Mongolia (Edited by Yutaka Shibayama), 2008.
- Study of Grassland Cultural Zone Distribution (Co-Edited with Khurelsha), Inner Mongolian Educational Press, Jul. 2007.
- Anthropology of Peoples in the North (Edited by Takashi Irimoto), Kyoto Unviersity Press, 2007.
- The Enlightenment of Site of Yuan-Shang-Du From Ecological Anthropologic View, Journal of Radio & TV University (Philosophy & Social Sciences), 2012-4.
- On Theoretical Statements of Anthropological Research in Pastoral Areas, Journal of Original Ecological National Culture, 2012-2.
- On the Social and Political Structure Embedded in Religious Symbols-based on Fieldwork in Abaga Banner, Journal of Inner Mongolia University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2012-3.
- Nomadic Industry: Wandering between Tradition and Modernization, Journal of Minzu University of China (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2011-6.
- On the Cultural Participation in Resource Exploitation in Ethnic Areas: Reflections on the Development Strategy of Shuluun-hoh County in Inner Mongolia, Journal of Original Ecological National Culture, 2011-1.
- From Nomadic Civilization to Industrial Civilization-The Legend of an Exemplar Town in the Pasture, Journal of Guangxi University for Nationalities (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2010-4.
- The Fortune of a Guide Named Samdad-Chiemba, Mongolian & Tibetan Quarterly, 2010-2.
- On Historical and Cultural Position of Nomadic Lifestyle in Dry Gobi Area, Journal of Guangxi University for Nationalities (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2008-3.
- The Process Toward Market Economy Narrated by Herders, Ecological Preservation of Drought Area and Sustainable Development, Edited by Yoki Khonagaya, Inner Mongolian People's Press, Jun. 2008.
- Grassland in Dream: Impression of the Fieldwork, Dry Land Monographies, 2008.
- Anthropological Research on Sacrifice Art: Case Study of Mongolian Oboo Sacrifice, On Grassland Culture edited by Ma Yongzhen, Inner Mongolian Educational Press, 2007.
- On the Oboo Festival, Journal of Inner Mongolia University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2006-2.
- A Introduction of Japanese Scholar`s Studies Relating Mongol Area, Journal of Inner Mongolia University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2004-3.
- About the Influence of Kavyadarsa in Mongolia, Bulletin of Japanese Association for Mongolian Studies, 2003.
- Attempts to Classify Mongolian Folk Song Performance, Symbols and Narrative Styles, Northern Studies Association Bulletin, 2001.